Designing effective reports in Power BI
Power BI is a business intelligence tool for the end user. Learn how to design your Power BI Report effectively to communicate your narrative. A picture really is worth a thousand words.
- Dates: Jul 3rd, 2019
- Dates: Jul 11th, 2019
- Dates: Jul 17th, 2019
- Time: 12:00pm AEDT
- Price: $99
- Skill Level: Beginner
- Duration: 90 mins
- CPD hours: 90 mins
Learning Outcomes in a Nutshell
Learn how to create compelling reports to effectively communicate your data-insights. We will outline a number of best practices in designing reports and then teach you to use a number of Power BI features such as backgrounds, slicers and bookmarks to create an engaging experience for your report users.
- How people read reports
- Prioritising your messages
- Get the full potential of your report pages
- Formatting visuals for effective communication
- When to use colour in your report
- Creating effective layouts quickly in PowerPoint
- Save and import background images to Power BI
- Inserting images and text boxes in Power BI
- Using alignment, distribution tools, grid and snap-to-grid
- How to sync slicers across pages
- Managing sync slicers
- PowerApps Studio (Web) vs PowerApps Studio (Desktop)
- Introduction to bookmarks
- How bookmarks work (data, display, current page, visuals)
- How to create and manage bookmarks
- Creating bookmarks to navigate pages
- Using the Selection pane to manipulate objects
- Creating menus by using bookmarks
- Power BI Beginner (setting up simple data model, creating & formatting visuals, report pages)
- Power BI Desktop
How our Webinars Work
- Click Book Now, select your Webinar and Sign Up
- Receive Email with Login Details
- 5 Days ahead of course check your login credentials work
- Day of course Log On to join the Webinar
- Q&A session will be facilitated and explained by the presenter
Why train with Excel Consulting?
“We are passionate about Professional Development and continue to invest in our trainers, courses and material so our students can achieve fantastic learning outcomes.”
Meet our Trainer
Matt Burr is a Business and Data Analyst with extensive experience in both the public and private sector.
After completing a double Bachelor Degree in Economics and Commerce at the Australian National University, Matt spent over 10 years working in the Construction, Defence, Resources and Health sectors before bringing his experience and knowledge to our Canberra venue as the lead Trainer.
Matt brings current technical knowledge and relevant real-world applications which results in great learning outcomes for our students. In the last 6-months Matt has trained over 250 students, many repeat clients, maintaining an excellent student satisfaction rating of 4.7 out of 5.