Gain valuable insights into your data through visualisations with Microsoft’s analytical tool – Power BI
Microsoft Power BI workplace training – turn data into Business Intelligence.
Microsoft Power BI is a self service business analytics tool which combines a desktop app with a cloud-based service to give you a single view of your most critical business data. With our Power BI workplace training learn how to monitor the health of your business using a live dashboard, create rich interactive reports, drill into the detail and access your data on the go.
Our courses can be customised as your business requires, to focus on:
- Power BI Desktop only
- Power BI Service only or
- Power BI Desktop and Power BI Online service.
- We can either provide data sources for training or use your own organisational data.
- Business critical data, live dashboard. Any time. Anywhere.
- Connect to hundreds of data sources
- Consistent analysis across your organisation
- Create professional, decision driving reports
Running our Microsoft Power BI training at your workplace?
Our Power BI courses have been developed by experts in the field. We can deliver our courses to your team, at your workplace. We understand some organisations only use Power BI Desktop. We can deliver a course centred around Power BI desktop only, service only or both desktop and the online service. We will work with you to optimise the learning outcome for your team.
What’s involved if you choose to use your organisational data in training?
We have worked with clients in the past who preferred exercises and training to be centred around their own datasets. There are several additional steps required to provide this level of customisation:
- The client will have to provide Excel Consulting account access prior to the session.
- Non Disclosure Agreements can be signed if required.
- Ideally the client will have set up some initial reports on the data so the trainer can get up to speed on the content quickly.
- Our trainer will spend a day on data familiarisation. This includes reviewing the data model and reviewing visuals already set up.
- The trainer will require a phone call with the creator of the reports or owner of the dataset to assist knowledge transfer on the data.
- Armed with this knowledge our trainer will set about building out the course content and manual for delivery of the customised sessions.
Detailed course outlines:
Successful Power BI Corporate Training – Your Quick Checklist
- A suitable space to host the training such as a meeting room or boardroom.
- A reliable wifi or Ethernet connection for our trainer and all students.
- One computer or laptop per participant necessary for hands on training.
- A clear projector or smart TV plus cabling for our trainer.
- Trainer typically provides their own device.
- Laptop hire is not recommended for this course.
Software and Licences
- Power BI Desktop installed on each participant device with latest monthly update. Power BI is FREE to download.
- Desktop updates and account set up need to be in place ahead of training to avoid delay and make sure you get the most value from the training day.
- We understand that Power BI is deployed differently in each workplace.
- We can vary the delivery to ensure the course is relevant to your organisational deployment of Power BI.
- We provide training data sources for all workplace Power BI training
- Alternatively, we can customise the course to use your organisational data models. This will require additional set up and consultation prior to the training day.
To find out more about how we deliver our other courses in the workplace click on the following icons.
Very interesting and useful - Power BI Intermediate Canberra
learned a lot - Power BI Intermediate Canberra
great - Power BI Intermediate Canberra
Great location, very thorough. Martin answered each question. - Excel Intermediate Melbourne
Great energy level, clear communicator and very helpful, would highly recommend. Thanks Ken - Excel Intermediate Melbourne
Learnt a number of new and unique features of excel which will certainly be practical for me. Ken was very accommodating and patient. - Excel Intermediate Melbourne
I learnt a lot - thanks Ken - Excel Intermediate Melbourne