Gain valuable insights into your data through visualisations with Microsoft’s analytical tool – Power BI
Microsoft Power BI workplace training – turn data into Business Intelligence.
Microsoft Power BI is a self service business analytics tool which combines a desktop app with a cloud-based service to give you a single view of your most critical business data. With our Power BI workplace training learn how to monitor the health of your business using a live dashboard, create rich interactive reports, drill into the detail and access your data on the go.
Our courses can be customised as your business requires, to focus on:
- Power BI Desktop only
- Power BI Service only or
- Power BI Desktop and Power BI Online service.
- We can either provide data sources for training or use your own organisational data.
- Click here to view a Customised Intermediate Course we recently delivered for a client.
- Business critical data, live dashboard. Any time. Anywhere.
- Connect to hundreds of data sources
- Consistent analysis across your organisation
- Create professional, decision driving reports
Running our Microsoft Power BI training at your workplace?
Our Power BI courses have been developed by experts in the field. We can deliver our courses to your team, at your workplace. We understand some organisations only use Power BI Desktop. We can deliver a course centred around Power BI desktop only, service only or both desktop and the online service. We will work with you to optimise the learning outcome for your team.
What’s involved if you choose to use your organisational data in training?
We have worked with clients in the past who preferred exercises and training to be centred around their own datasets. There are several additional steps required to provide this level of customisation:
- The client will have to provide Excel Consulting account access prior to the session.
- Non Disclosure Agreements can be signed if required.
- Ideally the client will have set up some initial reports on the data so the trainer can get up to speed on the content quickly.
- Our trainer will spend a day on data familiarisation. This includes reviewing the data model and reviewing visuals already set up.
- The trainer will require a phone call with the creator of the reports or owner of the dataset to assist knowledge transfer on the data.
- Armed with this knowledge our trainer will set about building out the course content and manual for delivery of the customised sessions.
Detailed course outlines:
Successful Power BI Corporate Training – Your Quick Checklist
- A suitable space to host the training such as a meeting room or boardroom.
- A reliable wifi or Ethernet connection for our trainer and all students.
- One computer or laptop per participant necessary for hands on training.
- A clear projector or smart TV plus cabling for our trainer.
- Trainer typically provides their own device.
- Laptop hire is not recommended for this course.
Software and Licences
- Power BI Desktop installed on each participant device with latest monthly update. Power BI is FREE to download.
- Desktop updates and account set up need to be in place ahead of training to avoid delay and make sure you get the most value from the training day.
- We understand that Power BI is deployed differently in each workplace.
- We can vary the delivery to ensure the course is relevant to your organisational deployment of Power BI.
- We provide training data sources for all workplace Power BI training
- Alternatively, we can customise the course to use your organisational data models. This will require additional set up and consultation prior to the training day.
To find out more about how we deliver our other courses in the workplace click on the following icons.
Well Done. informative. - Power BI Beginner
Clive was an excellent trainer. He explained everything thoroughly. - Excel Intermediate
Clive was great, very knowledgeable & able to answer any questions. Will back back for advance course - Excel Intermediate
Content was geared to student specific needs. - SharePoint Site Owner Adelaide
thanks- I have gained a great overview of functionality of sharepoint, will need to go way and hone my skills using the handbook - SharePoint Site Owner Adelaide
Good overview of SharePoint and permissions and Forms - SharePoint Site Owner Adelaide
Thank you. I am now ready to learn more about how SharePoint and other Office work together. - SharePoint Site Owner Adelaide